dry em Inglês
adj. not wet; thirsty; lacking rain; withered, parched; not giving milk (of animals); not near water; not sweet (of wine); against alcohol or the sale of alcohol (in the USA during prohibition)
n. dry, martini
Frases De Exemplo
Most types include dry fruits (such as almonds or hazelnuts), honey, cinnamon and other delicacies.
“As wet as ever,” said Alice in a melancholy tone: “And I am not so much dry as I am bored.”
“Really!” said the count in the same dry tone, and he added, “Ring the bell!”
Although the hour was very late, he looked to have made great haste, and the features of the old and dried face were disturbed.
Do you like dried fruits?
“What I was going to say,” said the Dodo in an offended tone, “...a Caucus-race; that is the best thing we could do to make us dry.”
Coats can be cleaned at the dry cleaners.
Go to the dry cleaner.
In any case, the autumns there are very dry.
Is it dry?
2. arid: stale, sear, parched, barren
3. thirsty: parched, dehydrated, droughty
4. unadorned: naked, bald, plain, unembellished
5. boring: barren, dreary, dull, jejune, tedious, tiresome, uninteresting
6. sarcastic: biting, satirical, humorous, arcane, keen, subtle, pointed
7. abstinent: temperate, ascetic
8. wipe: evaporate, soak up, wither, swab, drain, bake